Friday, September 28, 2012

Shot or Stretched?


Do you ever feel like you are being "shot" with trials, unkind comments, frustrations, or other stresses?  This last week there was a day when I felt like I was being shot with difficulties.  It was frustrating!  Later that night I woke up with the thought that I needed to be grateful for the "stretching" rather than focus on the feeling of being shot with difficulties.  It's a little like a balloon.  In order for a balloon to get blown up to a nice beautiful round shape, it needs to be stretched.  Have you ever shot a rubber-band?  In order for it to go, it needs to be stretched.  I'm grateful for the reminder to look at the trials as opportunities to be stretched--learn to depend on God through it and have my character be a little more refined.  I can decide whether I'm shot or stretched.  I can look at a situation as an opportunity.  Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment